• Waiting Room - I'm not good at reading while I'm waiting. Especially in a hospital waiting room. I always take a book along thinking I'll get some reading done during the...
    12 years ago

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Noon Year's Eve Party

I heard about the Science Center of Iowa hosting a Noon Year's Eve Party and I thought that sounded wonderful. Only I didn't want to take the boys down to Des Moines and we didn't want to pay to get into the Science Center for the day. So, I decided to host a Noon Year's Party at our house.

We invited the Swartz family, had some great grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, veggies, Jell-o salads topped with whipped cream, and some chips. We found a countdown online and it had some great music to it with cheering and fireworks when the clock struck 12! We tooted our horns and toasted each other with sparkling grape juice. It was a lot of fun and may become one of our holiday traditions...until the boys insist upon staying up til midnight. Honestly, Jonathan and I didn't even make it to midnight, we were in bed by 10:30p so it's a good thing we celebrated at noon!



Happy New Year Everyone!!

No comments: