This Thanksgiving we were so blessed to have my sister, Andrea, and her two kids, Will and Jaelyn, come and stay with us for the weekend. It was a lot of fun to have them here, in our house. We had a lot of fun cooking, eating, shopping, crafting, and laughing. We love you all so much.
Here's our dead bird before it went in the oven. I tried a new oven-bag method so it would be moist and golden brown. It just looked like a wounded bird at first, but it was delicious. And we still have quite a bit in the freezer to use later. :)
Here's our "little kids table." We could've put them at the "adult table" but thought it would work better this way. And it did. There were only a few spilled items and they were all by my kids. :)
Here's our buffet of way too much food. Please note the beautiful layered Jell-O in the right lower corner. It was as delicious as it was pretty. :)
Here are the older two playing country-line-dance-party Wii. It was fun to see them really work hard to get the moves right. :) It made us laugh!!
Jonathan was a great husband and did crafts with the kids on Friday so Andrea and I could go scout out some deals. We went later in the morning because Andrea and Jonathan went out at midnight to get the best deals anyway. So in the afternoon Andrea and I had a leisurely time shopping and eating lunch. Jonathan did a great job with crafts and we are so thankful that they are old enough to do special things like this. :)
By Saturday at about 11a, we were all tired and before we got on each other's nerves Andrea and her family left for home. Don't worry, she planned on leaving on Saturday so they could get laundry caught up before the daily routine hit on Monday morning. :) It was a perfect amount of time. Our kids really enjoyed playing together and making memories. We look forward to having more family and friends visit since we have a little more space for that. :)
Waiting Room
-
I'm not good at reading while I'm waiting. Especially in a hospital waiting
room. I always take a book along thinking I'll get some reading done during
the...
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment